It happens all the time. You update a file, upload it, and……..it doesn’t work!
It’s easy to overlook the easy reasons why your page wasn’t updated. Don’t throw a fit yet, check this Duh Checklist first:
The [short] Duh Checklist of Web Development
- Are you viewing the correct page, in the correct directory?
- Have you cleared your browser’s cache?
- Did you really upload the file?
- Was the file uploaded into the correct directory?
- Did you save the file before uploading it?
- Did you title the file correctly? This includes naming a page .htm, instead of .html
- If it’s a CSS file, does your page point to it?
- Is there another reference, declaration, or
!importantrule (CSS) overriding your edit (not applicable for HTML files)
Anything else you can think of? Let me know and I’ll add it!